Sunday, 31 January 2010
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #68
This is it!! My very FIRST entry into the Challenge World! (God bless you for helping me, Wendy. I just could not have done it without you. You are one in a million)
It is HEARTS for this week. This heart was cut out from a frock I wore for my sister's wedding, 21 years ago!!! I have only worn it twice ever and it has been occupying space in the drawer so I took the plunge.
Any comments on my creations will be gratefully received.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow what a fabulous card. I was admiring that heart and then I read your post and now I feel quite guilty that you've cut up a dress for my challenge. Welcome to the blogging world.......I'm sure you'll be entering loads of challenges before long. Now if you want to enter this for the Secret Crafter challenge you need to put a link on the challenge blog to this post. To do that you need to click on the post title (Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge 68) and then go up to the address bar and copy the whole of the text that's there. Then you go over to the challenge blog and scroll down and click on Mr. Linky, paste the text you copied from the address bar into the box where it asks for your URL and then if it's not already in the box above, type in your name. Click on enter and there it is. Hope this helps. Wendy x
ReplyDeleteWendy honey, I think I am messing up. I entered this before I read your post - I entered MY URL in the box below. Does this mean it is not linked to your blog? I can view it like I can the other entries. BUT according to what you have just said to me, it shows your blog, to my eyes. ????? Should it? I am so confused.
ReplyDeleteHi Shibu, don't think ya messed anything up, I found you ok!! WOW, this is amazing darl!! Very, very elegant, we are honoured that you chose us for your first challenge with crafting like this!! I was admiring that floral background paper on your heart, wondering where you got it.....then read it was fabric from a dress.......GULP!!! LOL - I shared Wendy's guilty feeling!! Perfect cutting out the gold border looks exactly the same all the way round - mine would be all over the place - did you put it through a die cut machine. Fabulous - have become a follower so I can see more of your makes.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to blogland and thankyou for joining us at SCSC - hope we see you again real soon.
Mel X
Hi Mel, I have seen you somewhere and it's on the site I mostly use - secretcrafter!!! No, no, don't feel guilty about the dress. Wendy did too. No need. It's been sitting in the drawer for 20 years, I would not fit into it now and the style is really old fashioned. You know how it is. I used a heart template to cut the fabric heart out and then just stuck it on gold card and cut round it by hand. I do not own a die cutting machine. Everybody aaaahhhhhhh !!! Bless you for your kind comments and becoming a follower. I will now need to learn to follow.... I am a week old to this and Wendy has been an angel, so be patient with me. Baby steps for now ... Lots of thankful love, Shibu
ReplyDeleteThis is fab! I love the fabric heart - what a great bit of recycling!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at the SCSC - I hope we'll see you again soon!
Helen x